Genesis Gallery Ltd
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint
Who we are
Genesis Gallery Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as the data controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our relationship with you we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Contact details that you provide to us, including name, telephone number, email address, postal address
- Information about your art interests
- Notes on your interactions and conversations with us
- Notes on any orders or agreements that you establish with us
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
Cookies & Similar Technologies
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To understand whether our artwork is of interest and/or relevant to you
- To contact you in the event that our events, artist updates and new releases are likely to be relevant and/or of interest to you
- For record-keeping and to decide our next actions to take with you
Who we share your personal information with
We store your data through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. It is our internal system and the data is held within the European Economic Area.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party except than our interest free credit providers, couriers and/or our artwork insurance providers and only then if you have opted to use these services.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your contact details is required from you to enable us to make orders or agreements with you.
By registering with us in gallery or via our website, we will keep you informed of events and information about our artwork, that we think will be of interest.
How long your personal information will be kept
- At a minimum, we will hold your personal data for a period of 7 years, as is required by current UK tax law (6 years plus the current year).
- Our maximum retention period is ten years from the date of your last purchase or three years from your date of registration with us if you have not made a purchase.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We hold data if you have provided your information to a member of staff in gallery or have filled out an online form.
We rely on the legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please fill in our Data Subject Access Request Form and return to the contact details in the ‘How to contact us’ below.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Genesis Gallery Ltd, 39 Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LF it may take several working days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or via telephone at 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published in May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do, we will inform you by posting the updated version at www.genesisgallery.im//privacypolicy and summarising key amendments.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Genesis Gallery Ltd, 39 Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LF
About Us Genesis Gallery Ltd offers beautiful and innovative original paintings, collectable editions and sculptures from internationally acclaimed artists alongside the most exciting emerging talents. Telephone 01624 622070